This content has been archived. It may no longer be relevant
Blue Cheese Sauce
- 1 tbl flour
- 1 tbl butter
- 1 cup chicken or veggie broth
- 1 cup milk (regular or dairy-free substitute)
- 5-10 ounces of blue cheese (to taste)
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken or one head steamed cauliflower, chopped
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup buffalo sauce (or more, for a spicier roll up)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or monterey jack (or a mix of both)
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- Shore Smoke That’s Amore Seasoning
- 1 box cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 12 cooked lasagna noodles
Make Blue Cheese Sauce
Melt the butter in a saucepan. Whisk in the flour, making sure there are no clumps. Slowly add the broth, still whisking. Next add the milk. Continue cooking over a simmer or low boil, whisking regularly to prevent burning or clumping. Once the mixture has thickened to an almost-gravy consistency, crumble in the blue cheese a little bit at a time. Continue whisking to melt the cheese. Add blue cheese until it tastes right to you, then reserve the rest for the top!
Make Buffalo Filling
Saute onion and garlic until translucent. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the onion and garlic to the cream cheese, along with half the buffalo sauce, 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese, and the shredded chicken or cauliflower. Season with Shore Smoke That’s Amore to taste.
Assemble Roll Ups
Preheat oven to 350º. Prepare a 9×13 baking dish or cast iron skillet by spreading a thin layer of the reserved buffalo sauce on the bottom.
Lay cooked lasagna noodles flat on a baking sheet or cutting board. Spread some of the buffalo chicken or cauliflower filling on each. Then spread a layer of the blue cheese sauce. Roll up, and place seam side down in the prepared baking dish. Pour remaining buffalo sauce over the top, any remaining blue cheese sauce, and sprinkle with the last ½ cup of shredded cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes. Enjoy!!